The Watertown Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee would like to announce that on October 3rd, Dave Watson (Executive Director of MassBike) will meet with us to discuss a number of key topics! All are invited to attend to enjoy the opportunity to hear from an influential member of the Massachusetts cycling community. Read on for details.
Who: Dave Watson, Executive Director of MassBike
When: Monday October 3 @ 7:30pm
Where: Watertown City Hall (map)
149 Main St. Watertown, MA 02472
(in the Lower Hearing Room - basement level)
The following topics are on tap for discussion:
- How MassBike is working with the Registry and DOT... goals and accomplishments.
- Same Roads, Same Rules campaign... goals, enforcement, road design, and accommodating cyclists.
- The Reasonable Distance proposed law. What's the proposal and what's happening in the Legislature?
- Redesign of the Charles River bridges... latest status.
- Coordination with other local/ town committees. How does MassBike work with other local groups? How can we exchange information better? One particular topic pertinent to WBPC is bike parking ordinances and master plans.
Hope you'll be available so you can attend!